My â¤ Thai Recipes: Satay Chicken w/ Peanut Dipping Sauce!
Satay chicken is one of my favorite Thai food. It is full of herbs and spices. Especially if you dip it in the peanut sauce, it adds another layer of richness. These chicken skewers are so tasty and fun to make. Perfect for a family dinner or your weekend grilling party.
[USA] BUY MY WOK â€“ https://amzn.to/2L4TYgd
[REST OF WORLD] BUY MY WOK â€“ https://forms.gle/r2YBBgtZbCejToVk8
MY AMAZON INFLUENCER PAGE - https://www.amazon.com/shop/influencer-078efbf8 (I share ingredients and recommended products there)
PRINTABLE RECIPE â€“ https://soupeduprecipes.com/satay-chicken/
**LIST OF INGREDIENTS**
**FOR THE CHICKEN SATAY AND THE MARINADE**
- 1 lb of chicken breast [é¸¡èƒ¸è‚‰]
- 1.5 tsp of toasted coriander seeds [é¦™èœç±½] [Amazon Link: https://amzn.to/2QVFlQ2]
- 1/2 tsp of toasted cumin seeds [åœç„¶] [Amazon Link: https://amzn.to/2QNESj8]
- 1.5 tbsp of finely minced lemongrass [é¦™èŒ…]
- 2 cloves of minced garlic [å¤§è’œ]
- 1 tbsp of diced cilantro stem [é¦™èœæ¢—]
- 1 tbsp of fresh turmeric [é»„å§œ]
- 1 tbsp of palm sugar or brown sugar [æ£•æ¦ˆç³–æˆ–çº¢ç³–] [Amazon Link: https://amzn.to/2SG4Q56]
- 1/4 tsp of white pepper [ç™½èƒ¡æ¤’] [Amazon Link: https://amzn.to/2C9Mp3H]
- 2 tbsp of fish sauce [é±¼éœ²] [Golden Boy Brand Fish Sauce: https://amzn.to/2UOzgnU]
- 1 tsp of vinegar [ç™½é†‹]
- 3-5 tbsp of coconut milk [æ¤°æµ†] [Thai Kitchen Organic Unsweetened Coconut Milk: https://amzn.to/2Em0nRv]
**FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE**
- 1 tbsp of Thai chili paste [Amazon link: http://amzn.to/2wL1LWh]
- 1 clove of mashed garlic [è’œè“‰]
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter [èŠ±ç”Ÿé…±]
- 2 tsp of palm sugar or brown sugar [æ£•æ¦ˆç³–æˆ–çº¢ç³–]
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk [æ¤°æµ†]
- 1 tsp of fish sauce [é±¼éœ²]
- 2 tsp of lime juice [é’æŸ æ±]
**HOW TO MAKE SATAY CHICKEN**
- Grind 1.5 tsp of toasted coriander seeds, 1/2 tsp of toasted cumin seeds, 1.5 tbsp of lemongrass, 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1 tbsp of cilantro stem, 1 tbsp of turmeric in a pestle or blender.
- Put this in a sauce bowl. Add 1 tbsp of palm sugar. If you can not find it, brown sugar is a good replacement. 1/4 tsp of white pepper, 2 tbsp of fish sauce, 1 tsp of vinegar, 3-5 tbsp of coconut milk. It provides that creaminess and dilutes the saltiness. You can add some coconut milk first and taste it to decide how much more you want to add. Our marinade is down.
- Cut 2 large pieces of chicken into 0.7 cm thick piece. Then put it into the sauce. Make sure every piece of chicken is surrounded with that delicious sauce. Let it sit for 1 hour. It doesnâ€™t need to be overnight because the chicken is so thin.
- Now it is the skewering time. Do it one by one. Once you are done with all of them, we can get the fun part - BBQ time.
- You want to bbq it on high heat to so that you can get it golden brown without over bbq it because chicken breast cook really fast.
- Before the chicken hits on the grill, I like to spread some oil on the surface of the chicken. This will prevent it from sticking on the bbq rack and keep the chicken moist.
- Put it on the grill. It will just take few minutes on each side. When you see both sides have that gorgeous looking color, you know it is done.
**HOW TO MAKE THE DIPPING SAUCE**
- In a small sauce bowl, add in 1 clove of mashed garlic, 1 tbsp of Thai chili paste. (This is what I use Amazon link: http://amzn.to/2wL1LWh. It usually says Thai chili paste in soybean oil. If you donâ€™t have it, you can use 1-2 tsp of sriracha with 1 tsp of soybean oil instead.)
- Saute this on low heat for 1 minute or until it you can smell all the aroma.
- Then turn off the heat and we will add the rest of our ingredients. 1/4 cup of peanut butter, 2 tsp of palm sugar or brown sugar, 1/4 cup of coconut milk, 1 tsp of fish sauce, you might need more or less to adjust the saltiness.
- Turn on the heat. Stir everything together until well combined. (Make sure it is one low heat because we donâ€™t want it to over boiled.) Turn off the heat and add 2 tsp of lime juice. Give it a mix until well combined.
- Our sauce is down. Do a final taste and see if you need to add any sugar, salt or acid.
Enjoy your meal! If you have any questions about the recipes, just post a comment, will help you out as soon as possible!
...and if you've read this far, might as well subscribe. More recipes coming soon =)